Every year The Whitebait Connection's umbrella organisation, the Mountains to Sea Conservation trust (MTSCT), hosts a National Marine and Freshwater Wananga to provide an inspirational professional development and networking opportunity for all those involved or interested in freshwater and marine conservation.
The wananga objectives are to:
- Provide a forum for marine and freshwater educators to network about education for sustainability initiatives & projects. (School and/or community based).
- To provide professional development
- To provide a forum to discuss ideas on how we can foster and take more action for marine and freshwater conservation.
- Ensure strong delivery of the Experiencing Marine Reserves (EMR) and Whitebait Connection (WBC) concepts around New Zealand.
A short clip of our 2017 wananga in Leigh, Auckland:
A short clip of our 2016 wananga in Gisborne:
A short clip of our 2013 Wananga in Rawhiti:
Download previous wananga proceedings...
- 008-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 792.4 KB
- 2009-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.37 MB
- 2010-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.68 MB
- 2012-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.87 MB
- 2013-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 1.55 MB
- 2014-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 21.72 MB
- 2015-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 3.31 MB
- 2016-MTSCT-Wananga-Proceedings.pdf - 13.79 MB
- 2017 Proceedings - 6.66 MB